Fidelity Asia Pacific Foundation
The Fidelity Asia Pacific Foundation is an independent, endowed charitable organisation, proudly supported by Fidelity International. Fidelity International also supports the Fidelity Bermuda, Europe and UK Foundations.
Priority programme areas include education, disadvantaged communities (including a focus on livelihoods), health, and arts, culture and heritage. Grant-making strategies for each of the countries are focused and adapted to the local context. The Foundation supports non-profit organisations in countries where Fidelity International has a presence. Priority countries for the Asia Pacific Foundation include India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.
The Foundations’ approach to grant-making is distinctive in that it focuses on capacity building - helping strengthen the impact, efficiency and/or sustainability of charitable organisations. By capacity building we mean the capability, knowledge and resources that charities need to thrive and effectively deliver on their mission. This might include investment in technology and digital tools, leadership, impact and financial management.
The post of Grants Manager will play a critical role in developing and managing a grants portfolio for the Asia Pacific Programme, working closely with and reporting to the Asia Pacific Programme Lead. To read more about the Foundations please go to https://filfoundations.secure.force.com/
Purpose of the Role
The Fidelity Asia Pacific Foundation has grown and developed significantly in recent years. Working closely with the Asia Pacific Programme Lead, the Grants Manager will primarily be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of grants.
- Contribute to the development of the Asia Pacific grant-making strategy, with a focus on India.
- Keep abreast of developments and programme areas within the portfolio, pro-actively sharing knowledge and insights across the team.
- Contribute to the development of research and gathering of insights to continually enhance strategy and grant-making.
- Build and maintain relationships with, and knowledge of, other grant-makers that have shared interests.
Grants and portfolio management
- Pro-actively develop pipeline of possible grants.
- Assess concept papers and discuss and agree with Asia Pacific Programme Lead and Head of Foundations which could be developed into full applications.
- Undertake due diligence on a portfolio applications.
- Manage a portfolio of applications effectively and efficiently, developing and maintaining constructive relationships with grantees throughout the grant-making life-cycle - from application to monitoring and learning.
- Write high quality applications with sound analysis.
- Work closely with the Grants Administrator to enable effective and timely grants administration.
Monitoring and learning
Working closely with colleagues focused on monitoring and learning:
- Reflect on appropriateness/relevance of KPIs for grant proposals, ensuring that measures are meaningful and ‘owned’ by grantees.
- Contribute to the analysis of the impact of the Asia Pacific portfolio.
- Review grantee reports and undertake periodic meetings/site visits throughout the grant life cycle in the interest of monitoring and learning.
- Support learning across the wider Foundations’ team.
- Ensure the Foundation’s grant-making database is kept up to date.
- Offer flexible support for all Foundations generally, as and when necessary, providing cover for other members of the staff team ensuring that work of the Trust can continue effectively and without interruption.
- Represent the Foundation that is consistent with its values.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Graduate degree
Knowledge and expertise
- In-depth knowledge of the non-profit sector in India. Knowledge of the sectors in one or more of the Foundation’s priority countries for the Asia Pacific Foundation is an advantage.
- Proven experience and track record of developing effective strategies to enable positive social change.
- In-depth understanding of legal, financial and governance issues and organisational structures of non-profit organisations in India.
- In-depth knowledge at least one of the Foundation’s programme areas India, and knowledge relating to other Asia Pacific countries an advantage.
- Extensive network within the non-profit sectors and peer foundations in India.
- Knowledge of capacity building and how philanthropy can help organisations become more effective, efficient, sustainable and/or resilient.
- Experience of building supportive relationships with a range of non-profit organisations.
- Demonstrable track record of grant-making and/or undertaking due diligence on non-profit organisations.
- Proven experience of producing clear, concise and insightful information for diverse audiences.
Skills, abilities and interests
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
- High standard of written and spoken English. Fluency in another language associated with the priority countries for the Asia Pacific Foundation is a significant advantage.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills - must be able to work effectively with a diverse range of organisations and stakeholders
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask the right questions.
- Ability to analyse non-profit accounts.
- IT literate and ability to effectively use grant-making database.
- High level of personal responsibility, emotional intelligence and humility.
- Empathic with an open and curious approach.
- An understated and collaborative style.
- Flexible, creative, approachable and diplomatic.
- Ability to get alongside organisations, allowing them to lead.
- Generous approach to knowledge sharing.
- The desire to bring enthusiasm, ambition and commitment to the role.
- Commitment to the ethos and mission of the Foundation.
- Ability and willingness to travel within India and sometimes internationally, including some overnight stays.
- Evidence of commitment to work-related learning and development.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Process Associate - OTC-CPG022557 With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now [...]
Property and Asset Management What this job involves You will be performing the role of client finance and accounting at the site and will be responsible for the the financial services scope a [...]
Home tuition from 1 to 5 and maths and science to 6 till 10 class Electronic electrical computer to btech first year students [...]
Job Details: JOB SUMMARY :- The Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounts department, like preparation and management of the hotels fin [...]