This role is part of the First Line Risk function which is the business arm of our three lines of defence in FIL supporting and advising our businesses in achieving their risk and regulatory objectives. Comprising of business and risk professionals it operates globally within our Workplace & Personal Financial Health and Investment Solutions & Services Businesses’. The function provides proactive support and guidance to management and staff across business and operational areas, to ensure that risks are effectively identified and managed in accordance with the enterprise-wide risk management framework.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Analyst role is to provide risk management support to the global business and its leadership, ensuring effective risk management across all business functions in accordance with Fidelity’s risk management framework and within Group Risk Appetite. This is an intern role to support the risk management activities and improve risk management culture within the business.
Through this role the person is expected to contribute and facilitate a culture of open and proactive risk management across the business
To support the business and the team with the embedding of the Operational Risk Management Framework and its associated components, including but not limited to:
- Conduct active read across of issues, events and build standardisation and consistency in approach and outputs
- Support risk management training and education to increase risk awareness of good risk management practices in the business.
- Support Risk and Control Self-Assessment activity
- Assisting in the recording and updating risk events with risk / incident owners
- Proactively supporting the closure of action plans associated with risk events in a timely manner
- Proactively closing down the aging profile associated with risk events
- Supporting the team in preparing various forum packs
- General administration
Experience and Qualifications Required
- An understanding of risk management and the asset/ financial industry
- Hands-on mentality and ability to work well under pressure with good prioritisation ability
- A questioning mind-set with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work with different stakeholders within the business
- Strong detail focus, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Acts with integrity and exhibits personal responsibility and accountability to maintain high standards by continually seeking opportunities to increase efficiency and quality of existing work processes, methods, and systems
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Supervising Analyst Global Compliance The incumbent will be responsible for the timely review and updating of Anti-money Laundering (AML) records. The review will cover both individual and cor [...]
* With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world s biggest brands and we have fun doing it. Now, we re calling all you rule-break [...]
Primary Responsibilities: - Assess the effectiveness of ICFR controls in accordance with internal auditing and government-mandated standards. Identify control deficiencies and make recommendations [...]
Job Description RQAs Strategic Projects & Operations (SPO) Group works on key data driven initiatives and provides customized analysis of investment performance for RQA across various investment team [...]