In this role, you have the opportunity to
Make a difference to the Philips business transformation programs and the Philips solutions journey by steering the establishment of a consistent Philips wide enterprise data model.
The enterprise data model will cover all the domains (I2M, M2O, O2C, Services and Functions) to reflect an
End to End (E2E) enterprise data model and data flows to complement the process and IT architecture. The enterprise data model will accelerate the ability to offer data as a service driven with an API way of working.
You are responsible for
- Accountable for the E2E enterprise data model including all the domains and E2E data flows covering the solution needs
- Responsible for the E2E conceptual enterprise data model and in working with the responsible domain modelers to ensure the proper translation of the enterprise conceptual model to domain conceptual models and thereon to the logical model
- Accountable for the data modeling related collaboration with the Chief Architects Office
- Accountable for the exposure of E2E data models in a consistent manner (semantic & syntactic) via Philips Enterprise data API enabling the Data as a Service Capability
- Accountable to support and provide advice on logical data models
- Accountable to support and advice on how to maintain data lineage across the E2E enterprise data model for both horizontal as well as vertical data lineage
- Accountable to ensure that the E2E data models are coherently exposed
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with multiple layers in the organization effectively to achieve the goals. Working closely with process owners and experts.
- Able to influence and drive change in data thinking across (senior) stakeholders and leaders across Philips
- Responsible for the implementation of business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all IT platforms (I2M, M2O, O2C, Functions) and data tools (master data, reporting, visualization, analytics, and machine learning).
- Responsible for strong and close collaboration with business and product/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
You are a part of
The Enterprise Architecture team of Global Philips IT Organization. A geographically distributed team that is driving the transformation to make the Global IT Organization ‘Architecture Led’.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Important criteria #1 (minimum education level and/or related major for the role)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information management, computer/data science or related experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with conceptual and logical data modeling across a large enterprise haven taken a ‘systems agnostic’ approach
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling and standardization across data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms.
- 5+ years of experience in strong influencing role
· Important criteria #2 (mandatory technical experience, knowledge and/or certification)
- Good knowledge of metadata management, and related data modeling tools (Power Designer, Erwin or ER Studio or others) required.
· Important criteria #3 (mandatory technical skills)
- Expertise in defining and governing data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Hands-on with experience in data modeling and design.
- Sound understanding of metadata management, and related data modeling tools (e.g. Power Designer, Erwin or ER Studio or others) required. Experience with power designer is a plus.
- Sound understanding and experience with applying enterprise data models to data platforms
Important criteria #4 (required personal skills)
- Strong influencing, communication, and presentation skills.
- A team player that can work with geographically distributed teams
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Azure Data Modeler India Min 6 years of IT experience, including experience in designing Azure data platform with large scale implementation experience. Minimum 4 years of experience [...]
Key Requirements include: - You will analyse mobile applications built in order to specify and provide to development team all data they should collect/capture in back and front end. For this purp [...]
- Project Role : Application Developer - Project Role Description : Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements. - Management Level : 10 - Work [...]
Role Objective: Design, model and implement data structures to support all data integrity initiatives including MDM projects and Data Quality projects using conceptual, logical, and physical data m [...]