Elsevier is looking for a Data Scientist to work in a large DS department distributed between Amsterdam and Chennai, helping to make the most of Elsevier’s high quality content on science, technology, engineering and medicine. You will be mainly working on our Spark clusters, building content analytics, corrections and enrichment worflows on top of Elsevier’s core data set that includes scientific publications and their meta-data. You will work in Squads and collaborate with Product's managers, NLP experts, Lead data scientists and domain experts to build high value outcome from Elsevier content.
You will have an opportunity to impact virtually all Elsevier applications related to Research such as Scopus and Science Direct by interpreting data, developing Machine Learning models and capabilities, significantly driving business decisions.
This person will actively contribute to build:
- Analytics and KPI measurements on content quality by developping big data analytics workflows, using SPARK and other technologies in our Databricks clusters and EMR.
- Content improvement methods ingesting and linking content from different sources, using various methods from machine learning, natural language processing and data analysis.
- Product and operational content strategies by identifying new technical capabilities for big data workflows and content transformation automation. Using visualisation tools to communicate analysis will be another key ability.
- Working knowledge of big data technologies within the Hadoop ecosystem, in particular SPARK, ETL and data pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Python for data science (Pyspark, Pandas, Jupyter, numpy, visualisation libraries).
- Excellent understanding of statistics for data analytics (confidence levels, tests).
- Excellent understanding of machine learning concepts and some libraries (ex: scikit-learn, SparkML).
As a plus:
- Familiarity with NLP.
- Familiarity with Linked Data.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and related tools (ex: JIRA).
- Working knowledge with Java, Scala.
- Familiarity of Cloud computing plateforms, in particular AWS.
MSc in Machine Learning, Data Mining AI, Statistics, Mathematics, Advanced Computing. Alternatively, 2 years experience with delivering data science capabilities in an industrial setting.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people an [...]
Roles and Responsibilities The role entails leveraging Data Science and Machine Learning to solve typical problems within an organization and create IP that could be deployed in a productized mode. [...]
Primary responsibility - Develop Artificial intelligence solutions for clients business problems to drive business outcome - Develop data platforms to support analytical and / or AI/ML solutions [...]
Job Role : Data Scientist/Data Analyst /Business Analyst Location : Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Pune/Mumbai/Delhi Greetings from CAIA - Center for Artificial Intelligence & Advanced Analytics 43% [...]