In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm,
having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team
Flipkart is India’s largest eCommerce company and is defining eCommerce in the country. Flipkart’s vision is to make Analytics and Big Data part of its overarching competitive strategy, and push it up to decision makers at every level.
You will partner with business heads for Retail/Marketplace/Supply Chain/Marketing/Product to create enormous impact through the use of the latest analytical tools and techniques. At Flipkart, high focus on impact and ownership allows for freedom for each to experiment and innovate. The ability to see what your contribution does to the business is a rare experience, add to that the fact that the impact of it is felt by your friends and family in India - the experience is extremely gratifying.
About the role
Analytics Manager is a people manager role where you will be managing a team of business/data analysts responsible for driving data backed business decisions through deep analysis and insights/model generation. You will be closely working with leaders across Product, Business, Marketing etc. to implement impactful data-driven decisions. As a people manager, you will act as a role model, setting high standards of work ethics and values, and build strong analytical teams.
What you’ll do:
- Lead impactful projects using advanced analytical and modelling techniques that will drive business decisions
- Work closely with Business leaders, Product managers, SMEs to define and design right performance metrics for Business and co-owning them
- Enable senior leadership decision making by streamlining the measurement of KPIs and identify the key drivers of these KPIs by building causal models
- Building analytical solutions around complex and open-ended problems
- Drive a culture of deep problem solving in the team
- Influence investment opportunities for business based on internal/ external data
What you’ll need:
- Educational/ Work ex:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related discipline from a reputed institute or an MBA from a reputed institute
- 7+ Years of experience in a relevant role and 2 years or more in a Managerial role
- Required abilities / competencies:
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to think on scale and apply the right analytical/ statistical solve
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all key aspects of a typical business - product, marketing, operations and finance
- Excellent working knowledge of analytical techniques, and experience in deploying broad and complex analytical solutions
- Ability to identify new opportunities for business based on internal/ external data
- Ability to identify and enable adoption of innovative solves to business problems
- Ability to build, lead and mentor strong analytical teams
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to course correct and deliver in a changing business environment
- Ability to perform gracefully in a multitasking project environment with attention to detail
- Technical capabilities:
- Strong background in statistical modelling and experience with machine learning / data mining tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark, SAS, Excel. High expertise in implementing machine learning and AI models.
- Good to have : working experience with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, Datastudio, etc)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Specialized Analytics Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge thr [...]
Process Overview Portfolio Compliance: Coding & Monitoring, Trade Surveillance, Alert Management. AM Guidelines team supports portfolio managers by updating Investment management mandates on C [...]
Consultant, Advanced Analytics Python/R at Fractal.ai Bangalore/Mumbai/Gurgaon Role Brief: 2-3 years of Advanced analytics/Predictive Modeling using Python/R, SQL and Machine Learning. [...]
The Role The main objective of the HR Function is to deliver value to Shell and its constituent Businesses and Functions by developing and executing people strategies in direct support of the Group S [...]