Launched in September 2015, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible and accessible debt finance (from £500k to £50m) to fast-growth businesses.
Through leveraging the ON Credit Intelligence Software, OakNorth Bank has become one of the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times (FT 1000), and has performance metrics that place it amongst the top 1% of commercial banks globally in terms of ROE, efficiency ratio and Net Promoter Score. It has lent several billion pounds to hundreds of businesses across the UK who have collectively gone on to create tens of thousands of new homes and jobs across the country.
OakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
- Developing wholesale credit risk models – PD/LGD for Real estate and Corporate portfolio as per IFRS9 requirements
- Experienced in statistical modelling for low default portfolios
- Coding in SAS/R/Python for data creation and modelling
- Analyzing, explaining, validating and documenting the models and their results.
- Assisting in research, modelling and development for refinement of the current credit risk framework
- Communicating with stakeholders, internal audit, model validation, regulatory agencies and responding to their requests on a timely and accurate basis.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience at a financial institution or a consulting firm, preferably on a Quant/ Data Science role in a data-rich environment
- Experienced in modelling for Real estate and Corporate portfolio
- Preferably Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or Finance, or equivalent
- Experienced in developing/validating credit risk - PD/LGD/EAD/Stress testing models
- Experienced in provisioning as per IFRS9 implementation for banks
- Proficiency in programming and Advanced Statistical Techniques– R/SAS/Advanced excel
- Analytical thinking, quantitative abilities and problem solving skills
- Understanding of risk management concepts like Stress-Testing, regulatory frameworks for Risk Management
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects and workload
- Self-motivated team player who brings a “can-do” approach
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills; ability to present complex and technical issues clearly, both verbally and in writing
- CFA/FRM will be an added advantage
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Join us as a Financing & Risk Solutions Associate In this crucial role, you’ll work with business management in assessing business performance using various measures including customer satisfact [...]
Job Description Were looking for an analyst to support our strategic objective to inform business risk and reward decisions using our risk models Its a critical role that will see you providing int [...]
Job Description Department Structured Finance - OU Job Description In this role, you will join our Structured Finance team to learn all aspects of the Moodys Analytics SF business. You will have t [...]
Job Description This is an exciting new opportunity to assist in building Macquaries Risk Management Groups big data platform and drive initiatives to uplift the value of data within risk. As a M [...]