Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to life s most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, you ll help drive our vision of accelerating answers and our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Department: Research and Development Science
Supervisor: Senior Scientist/ Staff Scientist/ Manager, Development Science
Summary of responsibilities: The ideal candidate will execute bio-conjugation & purification chemistry design and development efforts and transfer the technology to deliver consistent and cost effective production processes to GMP manufacturing. The incumbent leads and performs experiments; reviews test results for experimental error and determines if repeats are required; participates in planning studies for the development, evolution and optimization of product design; maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures; and supports post-launch activities to resolve performance and/or quality issues.
Boundary Conditions/Authority Levels: Receives no instruction on routine work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the analysis, design and development of reagents and applications, specifically novel antibody conjugation and characterization methods for use in Flow Cytometric applications.
- Ensures design inputs are aligned with the user requirements and the finalized design matches the input requirements
- Primary responsibility to lead the lab work as per project schedule (Bio conjugation, Protein purification, Formulation, Protein estimation by Biochemical assays) & ensures on time completion
- Creates study plans in alignment with requirements of applicable standards and regulatory requirements and ensures the studies are conducted in agreement with approved plans
- Reports status of experiments to supervisor, trains and supports direct reports as needed
- Applies analytical skills and independent judgment to develop innovative, practical and consistent solutions to a wide range of complex problems.
- Ensures strict adherence to the quality system elements and technical standards as applicable for reagent development
- Creates reports to summarize various development activities and supports in creation of work instructions to transfer the design to manufacturing
- Ensures strict adherence to good laboratory and good documentation practices throughout the design and development cycle
- Lead efforts in technology transfer related to conjugation/purification/analysis from discovery to process development
- Flexible to take up new challenges & Performs other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
Core expertise in protein biochemistry, Bio-conjugation chemistry, exposure to Tandem chemistry, , Hands on experience on protein purification techniques. Exposure to Flow cytometry or other assay development techniques would be an added advantage. Hands on Experience with various Chromatography techniques like Preparative or Analytical chromatography (Affinity, IEC, MMC, SEC) and advanced laboratory measurement systems are desired (AKTA, HPLC, Spectrophotometer, Protein estimation techniques, FRET analysis, CE, FT-IR)
Advanced degree in Biochemistry, Engineering, Protein chemistry, Life sciences or related discipline, for example bachelor s degree in field with 8+ years experience OR Master s degree in field with 6+ years experience OR Doctoral degree in field with 4+ years experience.
When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we ll empower you to push the boundaries of what s possible.
If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Profile Job Description : Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to create state-of-the-art solutions for providing better val [...]
Designation: Senior Associate Scientist-Assay Biology Job Location: Bangalore Department: Discovery Biology About Syngene Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an inn [...]
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe s all about. We give everyone from emerging artists to global brands everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experie [...]
About Fractal Fractal is one of the most prominent players in the Artificial Intelligence space. Fractal s mission is to power every human decision in the enterprise and uses the power of AI to h [...]