Cognizant Technology Solutions
Graduate Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors Science, Technology, Engineering and Math or related field Responsibility:
Test Requirement Analysis:
Create/modify/review Master Test Strategy docuement for large engagements.
Create/update/review Test Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort.
Leverage previous project experience/learning like Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for better requirement analysis.
Review architecture & design work products by adopting White Box testing techniques to identify defects by leveraging predefined checklist and cognizant solution acceleratorsif any.
Test Strategy and Test Planning:
* Create test strategy that includes release date, types of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, RAID Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc.
* Gather inputs from the client eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc.
* Prepare test plan covering timelines, resource Man /Machine deploymentsho w it will be tested.
* Seek signoff on the test plan.
Involve Project/ Sprint Planning to define the sprint goals, scrum review meetings, identify the product backlogs & provide risks/issues to scrum team for quicker remediation.
Review & seek signoff from customer on Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for every release.
Test Design Techniques Design principles/tools/patterns:
Review the test scenarios and seek review as required.
Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
Upload the test cases.
Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
Prepare test lab for test execution.
Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
Only For Onsite Coordinator:
Support Business Lead at client side to perform UAT.
If requested identify the test data for UAT.
Create Run Plan document that captures priority of test cases based on complexity.
Coding Practices & Defect Management:
Posses holistic view of quality Domain, User experience, Black box, White box testing.
Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
Speak the developer language.
Support Quality Assurance goals.
Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
* Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, low level design components & coding standards, test data dependencies, environment dependencies etc.
Test Execution Automation/Specialized testing:
Design & implement bestinclass automation framework based on AUT.
Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
Prepare Test summary Report and share the same for review/ Review the test results/test reports submitted by the test analyst.
Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted.
Periodically generate metrics based on the audience.
Review metrics to identify areas for process optimization.
Create robust test automation scripts.
Web Services Design the Web Services testing framework.
DevOps Define, deploy & monitoring metrics configuration.
Has expert knowledge of multithreading & other QE tools & technology.
* Discussion with the development, release & deployment team stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
* Possess specialist knowlege on Continous integration/deployment & delivery using industry best tools & technologies.
* Perform Frequent monitoring & Failure analysis will be done.
* Perform Script fixing for any errors/issues.
* Status is shared to onsite across all teams.
* Frequent Optimization /Maintenance.
Technology consulting Research & analysis:
Participate in quality, design decisions for automations, stability, usability & scalability of application under test.
Code quality , coverage & productivity analysis to ensure all areas of program are exercised by test suites.
* Organize the boot camp for new entrants.
Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
* Identify training needs of team members.
* Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers.
* Resolve escalated conflicts and grievances.
Knowledge & Innovation Management:
* Mentor/coach the team to create knowledge artefacts eg collaterals, reusable assets to drive knowledge management.
* Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
* Institutionalize systems and processes in place to implement innovation suggestion made by the team eg adoption of Cognizant proprietary best practices / tools, process optimization like usage of tools, automation, etc .
* Identify the time and cost savings made due to adoption of the best practices.
* Create condusive environment for team members to innovate & share ideas.
Project, Configuration & release Management:
Review the daily deliverables and share it with the stakeholders appropriately.
Create and share weekly status reports and daily status reports with the team/ relevant stakeholders.
Facilitate calls between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
Identify resources based on the estimation and required skill set.
Only For Maintenance/Enhancements Project.
Create estimation for enhancements based on the understanding of requirement.
Perform POCs on the tools eg accelerators, performance enhancers if required.
Coordinate with the release manager to keep abreast with the various activities in the test environment eg build schedule and to ensure the right components move to the production.
Must Have Skills
Good To Have Skills
IT Software :
Software Products & Services
Software Services, Internet/Dot/ISP
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Technical Lead Qualification: Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent Responsibility: Project Planning & Setup: Understand and contribute to resource plan. Identify app [...]
Job Description Application Lead Qualification: B Sc, BE, MCA Responsibility: Stakeholder Management: Communication with Business users related to resolving queries, obtain clarifications [...]
Job Description Sr. Application Analyst Qualification: Science / Engineering Graduate Responsibility: Stakeholder Management: Monitor availability of the applications and notify support t [...]
Job Description Content Consultant Qualification: - Bachelors/Masters in English Literature Bachelors/Masters in Mass Communication. Bachelors of science or Bachelors of Engineering or Techn [...]