Valuation Control is a specialist group within Market and Valuations Risk Management (MVRM) that manages a wide range of relevant risk and implementation topics to ensure integrity and control over all aspects of the valuation of the Bank's trading portfolios.
• Performance of monthly and intra-month Independent Price Verification (IPV), Reserves and Prudential Capital
• Oversight and development of valuation, reserve and Prudential Capital methodologies
• Analysis and management of key valuation uncertainty issues through DB's senior management
• Review of bespoke derivative and structured financing trades
Valuations works closely with its Risk Management partners, Finance,
and Trading globally and employs a team extension model in Mumbai.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Position Description :
• The primary function of the role is to have an oversight, review and critique of the valuation control framework working in partnership with Risk function & methodology specialists.
• Being a senior role, the candidate is required to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Rates markets in both cash and derivative product, and to have solid understanding of other product groups given the diverse scope of the Rates desk trading mandate.
• The candidate is expected to bring well-developed stakeholder management and leadership skills in addition to infrastructural and product technical skill sets and to establish a solid commercial and valuation risk culture in partnership with senior stakeholders.
• Key Stakeholders: Senior Risk, Valuations and Finance Management, Front Office and Regulators.
- Management of stakeholder relationships across the region.
- Continued technical evolution of valuation risk and reserve methodologies.
- Oversight, review and critique of IPV results to ensure accurate marking of books on a monthly and daily basis. Escalation of issues to Senior Risk and Valuation Management, Finance Management, Business Management and the Valuation function globally.
- Ensure consistent valuation and adjustments methodologies are adopted within the group.
• Ensure all aspects of valuation control are adequately documented for internal and external requirements.
• Proactively improve processes and methods including streamlining, automation and off-shoring of existing processes
• Liaison with Trading, Senior Finance Management, Market Risk Management, internal/external audit and regulators on valuation issues as they arise.
• Critical appraisal of valuation and control concerns arising within New Product Approvals.
• Active role in development of valuation policies and standards and implementation of same.
• The team engages in a number of high profile function and bank-wide initiatives and is deeply involved in ad-hoc analysis under tight timelines. It is expected that the applicant will be significantly involved in this work.
• Ongoing personal development will be both 'on-the-job', via specific in-house and external courses, and through and web-based product courses.
Education / Qualifications / Certification:
- High level of academic achievement, preferably from an accounting / mathematical / statistical / engineering / economics background.
Previous work experience:
- Ideally the candidate will have several years of experience within the valuation / Market Risk departments of a large investment bank with in-depth knowledge of Rates and Currency markets.
- Specific exposure to IPV, reserving, pricing and modelling aspects of valuation control of trading businesses is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, VBA and possibly Python, hands-on experience of market data providers including Reuters, Bloomberg, ISMA and Markit.
- The individual should be highly motivated and have demonstrated an ability to work in a team. They should be able to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and take a proactive approach to all aspects of the role. They should have an ability to devise creative solutions to issues as they arise while maintaining a strategic perspective.
- The candidate must be numerate, articulate and confident. Must be able to interact effectively with the trading staff and senior management. Good communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work with both a high degree of independence and as part of a team across locations
- A strong communicator and facilitator, able to build relationships with stakeholders and liaise effectively at all levels of the business
- Proactive and flexible mindset with ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Analytical/ structured thinking
Focused and self-motivated, with a mind-set to continuously improve
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to forge strong relationship with internal departments and team members.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to manage teams.
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Personal characteristics – you will be:
- Organised and diligent with a strong attention to detail
- Maintain a structured and systematic approach without being dogmatic
- An enabler who takes pride in facilitating the smooth running of processes
- Robust in your attitude to the prioritisation needed to deal with competing demands
- Able to keep focussed on the big picture whilst maintaining a clear view of the detail
- An excellent team player
How we’ll support you
- . Training and development to help you excel in your career
- . Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- . Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Experience : 3 - 4 years What we are looking for : Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Coreldraw, Flash, InDesign. Sketching, Painting, Iconography, Typography, Info Graphics Wha [...]
Job Description Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships in the events and entertainment business. Will be responsible for tie - [...]
Job Description Experience : 7 - 10 years A Mobile App Designer to lead a fledgling app development center in Pune. Will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating intuitive and engaging mobi [...]
Job Description Experience : 1.5 - 2 years What you have to do: Good communication skills Good technical understanding Should be open for relocating on temporary basis for projects What [...]