Be part of our team! Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
The Cloud Administrator implements operational solutions for applications hosted in the cloud. Is responsible for:
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving infrastructure issues in AWS Cloud, performing infrastructure procedures such as managing network connectivity, creating scripts to provision resources and manage accounts, creating/maintaining AMIs automatically and documenting operational procedures.
- Working closely with Development, Architecture, Security and other Operations teams to complete assignments.
- Working across multiple phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including build, test, operations using an Agile methodology and tools
- Implementing projects to migrate workloads from Ground to AWS Cloud, and provisioning new accounts and services on AWS Cloud
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct support to Cloud operational environments on a day-to-day basis including troubleshooting network related incidents, creating/updating Lambda programs to automate tasks, create/update templates to provision AWS resources. Monitors, diagnoses, and resolves problems and performs analysis in relation to operations in the AWS Cloud environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems in an efficient manner while adhering to proper escalation and change control procedures.
- Performs first-level incident response and assures services resolution for Cloud systems.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant Cloud systems documentation and user guides.
- Configures monitoring systems and diagnoses the cause of alerts and remediates issues
- Interacts with external technology vendors and internal teams to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions.
- Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT administrative related tasks.
- Responds timely to user requests for permission changes, new storage, and expansion requests.
Key Competencies :
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Advanced Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- In-depth knowledge of AWS Networking services like Transit Gateway, Route 53, VPCs.
- Experience with third party networking solutions like CISCO CSR, InfoBlox is preferred.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies
- Experience with building and maintaining multi-tenant, multi-region, private and hybrid Cloud environments
- Advanced Shell Scripting experience. Ability to apply in Enterprise environment to automate
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is preferred
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management tools and technologies such as Cloud Formation, Service Catalogs preferred.
- Excellent O/S knowledge Linux or Windows ( e.g. RHCE or MCSE or equivalent knowledge )
- Hands-on experience with container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker) is a plus
- Experience maintaining and implementing a large multi account network infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience of implementing and supporting AWS based instances and services (e.g. EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloudfront, Elasticache).
- The AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty certification. One or more AWS Associate level certifications such as Solutions Architect Associate (CSAA) , etc., preferably an AWS Professional level certification such as Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP)
- Experience of building and maintaining scalable and auto-scaled environments using automation and configuration management tools (e.g. CloudFormation ) beneficial or can be gained.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls, Active Directory, etc.
- Advanced level troubleshooting skills and use of tools such as WireShark, HTTP Watch, Fiddler, NMAP, GREP, TOP, NETSTAT, VMSTAT, TCPDUMP
- Advanced knowledge of Network planning and administration (DHCP, DNS, IP routing, VLANs, Firewalls)
- Good understanding of Integration Patterns such as (SOAP, REST, PubSub, Point-Point)
- Familiar with Agile software development principles and best practices is a plus
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- 4+ years of managing support for IT Infrastructure services and/or data center
- 1-2 years of experience with vendor cloud platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required, advanced degrees preferred
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is a minimum
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator certification strongly preferred
- Good communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (both domestic and international) depending on project demand
- Customer facing work environment
- Active, highly engaged, multi-tasking environment
- Participate in business meetings with various stake holders.
- Take corrective actions based on the customer satisfaction surveys.
- Drive service improvement programs.
- Ensure adherence to quality / security standards defined for the engagement Perform Trend analysis, identify top few incidents and work with respective teams/individual to minimize the incidents
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every dayWe are a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,000 people, across more than 80 global locationsWe have a robust portfolio of product brands dating back more than 100 years and including: nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and workWe encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwideThrough our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:Innovative & adaptableDedicated to absolute integrityFocused on the customer firstRespectful and team orientedOptimistic and energizingAccountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
- At nVent, we are committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Job Description 5 plus years of experience as a DevOps Engineer Ansible Mandatorily strong in skillset and hands on with min 1 year experience Linux Unix system administration [...]
- Awareness and understanding of the Group s business strategy and model appropriate to the role. - Influence the adoption of the new ways of working, including Agile and DevOps behaviours - Suppo [...]
454151BR Why Kyndryl We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, [...]
PineBridge Investments is a private, global asset manager focused on active, high-conviction investing. We draw on the collective power of our experts in each discipline, market, and region of the wor [...]