As a Database Engineer, you will be responsible for making architectural decisions for databases, designing database solutions, developing robust database HA models, bringing in database expertise to solving complex database problems, optimizing performance, maintaining defined SLAs, and proactively proposing strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Minimum 7-10 years of solid experience in MongoDB database technology with expert MongoDB architectural knowledge
- Proficient in MongoDB and having wide range of knowledge including:Deployment and Working expertise of Single and Multi-Datacenter HA solutions: MongoDB Replica Set and ShardingMaintaining very large clusters with multiple shards; Knowledge of Shard keys,
hashed and ranged shardingKnowledge of MongoDB Query Language, Storage engines (esp. WiredTiger), CRUD operations, aggregationsExperience in diagnosing and resolving multiple issues, upgrading to later versionsProposing best practices for schema design, backup & recovery strategiesTuning MongoDB to achieve high performance, read consistency, and write durabilityExperience in assessing performance of locking in transactions, tuning memory and cache, connection handling, wired tiger configuration and tuningExperience in using database profilers, sampling slow operationsKnowledge of creating chunks in Sharded cluster (if required), splitting/merging chunksExpertise in resolving replication gaps, fixing issues with replica sets, improving replication performanceMongoDB Enterprise tools: Atlas, Ops Manager, etc.Expertise in Performance tuning, SQL TuningPerformance Tuning and SQL Tuning for production MongoDBPSR – Performance and Stress Testing and Benchmarking using tools like swingbench, sysbench etc.Ability to do performance benchmarking between either two versions of same database technology or two different database technologies
- Experience with other database technologies will be a huge plus - MySQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with knowledge of Kubernetes/OpenShift/Google Kubernetes EngineMaintain highly available systems on Kubernetes - pods, stateful and daemon sets, jobs, secrets, kube servicesDevOps Experience with technologies such as Docker, Containers, JenkinsWorking knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, provisioning tools (terraform, etc.), versioning tools (github), gitops etc.Troubleshoot & Diagnose issues such as Kubernetes node reboots, container network disruptions, workload management, high cpu/memory usage, etc.
- Experience working in any or multiple cloud technologies including Google Cloud, Azure, AWS and managing databases within both private and public cloud environments
- Experience in any/combination of Monitoring tools – PMM (Percona), Atlas, MongoDB Cloud Manager, Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager
- Automate routine database maintenance tasks using Ansible, Shell Scripts, Python, etc.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Experience with documentation of standard procedures, architecture, design and deployments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The [...]
Job Description: Responsibilities Responsible for client/account interactions as required Responsible for producing part or all the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agr [...]
Senior Serial IO Debug Validation Engineer Client: Top3 Semiconductor Organization in the World Location ; Bangalore Senior Serial IO Debug Validation Engineer Job Description - Res [...]
As a Senior Associate, you will collaborate with business, reporting, and other teams to understand business requirements and perform data analysis. Get involved and Lead in project transitions from d [...]