Taylor and Francis
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks and reference works. We are creating technology platform to shape the future of knowledge.
As part of Taylor & Francis’s digital first strategy, Taylor & Francis have been driving growth through providing access to publications through digital platforms, also providing a unified experience across their content. We have created digital platforms to facilitate discovery, allowing users to access relevant research and information quickly and easily, wherever they are.
We work with some of the most exciting big data, semantic web, machine learning solutions available. Our team codes in TypeScript,
are experts in Angular and loves optimising performance by going deep into core ECMAScript, Server-Side NodeJS, Spring Boot, Microservices, DevOps and Webpack. The team leads the company in driving growth through SEO and SEM (Search Engine Marketing). We are cloud first organisation, and our entire content delivery platform resides on the AWS.
We are looking to add a seasoned Engineering Manager to our eCommerce and Payments Team in Product and Technology Organisation. You'll have an incredible opportunity to build a career within a start-up like environment while helping researchers expand the reaches of human knowledge. From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
What you will be doing
- Line manages one or more teams of Backend & Web Engineers.
- Drive hiring process, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires.
- Create clear career paths for team members and ensure their growth by mentoring them.
- Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
- Grow a diverse, highly skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace.
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders.
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team (Drive and teach technical incident response).
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally.
- Ensure that the team optimizes codes, while contributing to business goals and product strategies
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux in the fast-paced environment
- Set up best practices for development and overlook its adoption
- Architect and design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions
- 9 years of relevant industry experience and a strong technical acumen coupled with excellent people management skills
- BTech (or an equivalent degree) in Computer Science
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager to a team. You set goals and objectives and offer advice, setting your team up for success
- Your style is collaborative and supportive, to encourage your team to continually optimise their code. Conduct and participate in technical design reviews.
- You’re a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team. Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- You’ve expertise in a micro-services architecture, edge-computing, web-security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and delivery with versioning control tools
- You’ve experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes). Nice to have AWS Cloud certification
- You’re passionate about debugging and participating in code reviews with your team and your peers
- You’re a Technical evangelist – you love exploring and learning new things
- You can communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You’ve got a solid grasp of the modern software development lifecycle.
- Your Knowledge of PCI, payments, card processing is highly desirable.
- 24 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependents; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexible working time
- Right tools for remote working
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
You must have the right to work and live in India This role is based at our India office or may be remote.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
MBBS Doctors as a Duty Medical officer. Fresher also can apply. Job Types: Full-time, Walk-In Salary: ₹30,000.00 - ₹40,000.00 per month Schedule: - Rotational shift Supplemental Pay: - O [...]
Our growing Preschool facility is looking for a Young energetic Female Preschool Teacher who can help to create a fun environment and incorporate educational programs that assist our children’s deve [...]
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES · Responsible for basic bedside nursing care. · Ensure the OPD is set for consultation · Setting up procedure trays and dress trolleys and assisting doctor in procedu [...]
Designation : Data ArchitectJob Description : Minimum 7 years’ experience in .Net programming (including scripting/coding), SQL and relational databases and application development - Experien [...]