GCS Operational Excellence aims to ensure that GCS has a robust first line of defense, playing an active role in supporting the GCS business meet its business objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework. This position will be responsible for Regulatory Business Self Testing in line with established RBST tests.
Purpose of the Role:
As a part of First Line of Defense, the candidate will assist in design, implementation and assessment of operational risks consistent with our company’s risk appetite.
The responsibilities of the incumbent will include:
- Perform regulatory Business Self Testing for teams across GCS in line with the established procedures.
- Compliance and Quality checks include testing, remediation, trending analysis and close collaboration with business teams in improving their compliance performance.
- Generate insights and conclusions from data.
- They should be self-motivated and able to thrive in an environment with ad-hoc requests and shifts in direction
Critical Factors to Success:
- Good hands on experience on MS-Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent problem-solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of recommendations)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of problems and generate possible courses of action
- Analysis on quality side with focus on minute and key details/aspects
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Strong written and oral communication skill.
One plus years of experience in privacy, data protection, information technology, or privacy compliance Banking or other regulatory experience preferred.
Undergraduate/ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of operational risk concepts and programs, balanced with the ability to drive assessment of risks against effective controls and tests
- Individual with working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, RBST policies procedures and manuals will be given preference
Technical background not mandatory
Knowledge of Platforms:
NICE, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Salesfoce.com
• Effective Time Management
• Attention to Detail
• Teamwork skills
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors:
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description You will be leading the team responsible for delivering tools for recruitment partners to assist them with managing their student funnel as well as providing insights into their funne [...]
Job Description ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the worlds largest online platfo [...]
Job Description As an Engineering Manager at BigStep Technologies, you will be part of a fast-growing business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and contribute to the business g [...]
Job Description Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems What will your job look like? You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or mai [...]