You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground. The Linux Operations team is part of Cloud Operations and provides 24x7x365 management and support for American Express Enterprise' Linux Servers. The Infrastructure Engineer position will provide day to day operational support for Linux Servers administration. This team will manage Linux servers throughout the delivery lifecycle and will execute daily operations including deployment of new Linux servers infrastructure and delivery of reliable, robust support solutions. Job Responsibilities:
- Working in an enterprise environment providing operational support by building, configuring, and managing Redhat Linux O/S servers
- Hand on experience in managing Linux virtual machines on VMware and Nutanix environment
- Application deployment and managing middleware like JBoss, WebSphere etc
- Patching and troubleshooting patching related issues on Redhat Linux servers
- Builds, deploys, maintains and assist with repairs of Linux servers/hosts on racks, blades, and hyper converged infrastructure
- Working knowledge and understanding of Cisco UCS blades and Chassis
- Working with Enterprise Backup & Restore Processes (Familiarity with Cohesity/NetBackup)
- Automating day to day activities using shell scripting/python/ansible/puppet
- Maintaining skills to the current industry level of certification
- Recognizing and articulating job-related problems to management
- Server Maintenance, Backups, Performance Audit & Logging
- Managing SSL certificates for applications and web servers
- Analysing technical problems and creating solutions involving the use of existing techniques and/or tools.
- Research, review, recommend, implement and document server solutions
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Ensure SLA's and Operational standards are met including ITSM guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- 3-4 years of experience in managing Redhat Linux Operating Systems
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of user administration, network administration, storage and security components
- Good Understanding of Linux and Virtual infrastructure security Hardening
- Good understanding of infrastructure monitoring tools like Nagios/Icinga etc
- Good understanding of system related process (initd/systemd), runlevels etc
- Strong understanding of file system concepts, server clustering technologies (Redhat Cluster using PCS) and methodologies
- Good troubleshooting skills and experience on log analysis
- Good Understanding of ITIL Processes (Incident/Change/Problem Management) and operates within agreed SLAs & good documentation skills with regular focus on maintaining KEDB/KMDB
- Self-motivation and strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key attributes for this position
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines (work under pressure and prioritize tasks)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Flexible to work in shifts and weekends
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Manufacturing Industry Sourcing experience is Preferred. Good in Sourcing / Hiring Good in Communication skills, analytical skills and influencing skills Excellent Excel skills [...]
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities What you will do: - Consultative approach with high-value corporate acquisition. - Managing lead qualification and running remote demonstrations, l [...]
Job Description The Senior Systems Engineer - Automation Expert is part of a is part of a regional systems administration focused team, and will be responsible of designing, implementing, maintaining [...]
Job Description We're a fast growing startup specializing in automated training software and one of the very few product companies in the tricity region. We're building the world's first automated tr [...]