Northern Trust Corp.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
This role is based in Bangalore Securities Lending team. The team provides operational support in respect of the Trade settlements and Collateral functions for Northern Trust’s clients in APAC markets in which Northern Trust operates.
- Candidate having prior experience and background with Securities Operations would be preferred
- Must be flexible to work in shifts
- Other as per HR guidelines
- Should have general awareness of market wide risk and compliance policies such as AML Information Security, BCP, Pandemic planning etc.
- Ability to understand & comprehend Risks associated with Securities Operations domain (lending preferred) and the implications on operations
- Strong understanding of aspects of Internal Control, its effect on Operations and implementation
- Comprehensive understanding of the Asset Servicing Practice and its effect on the Financial Service Industry
- Custody Trade and Settlements, Corporate Action knowledge would be an added advantage
- Financial knowledge on International and domestic markets would be an advantage
- Should understand the concept & ability to Driving Performance
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple deadlines, follow-ups & escalate issues where necessary
Working knowledge or experience in an income / Settlements/ Collateral /Corporate actions operations environment would be preferred
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/ function. Manages large and/or complex projects such as strategic change management, new business/product initiatives, process re-engineering.
- Technical experts without management responsibilities, seen as key advisors on significant business decisions. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at the highest technical level. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- Keeps abreast of emerging industry trends. Maintains regular contact with peers internal and external to firm, including regulators and professional organizations
- Maintain appropriate level of technical, product and industry expertise to perform responsibilities. Act as a guide/ gatekeeper globally for the department on non-routine and complex processing/regulatory or client onboarding activities.
- As subject area expert, works closely with new business opportunities. Provides thought leadership on difficult requests and closely manages client/borrower expectations to ensure service levels are attainable.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing, and administering programs that support the strategic goals of the Securities Lending department
- Regulatory and CASS compliance & reporting across processes
- Quality Analysis & Metrics review
- Creation and check on a governance model for process level internal listing, documentation (DPAD, SD) review and sign off
- Operational oversight through periodic self- audits
- Successful execution of internal oversight activities within agreed timelines
- Actively engage and participate in business unit, local and regional strategic initiatives
- Best practice sharing through engagement with peers across processing areas.
- Participate/ contribute to gain greater understanding of upcoming market changes, system changes and RPA implementations – aim to gauge risks associated and therefore an oversight structure
- Strive to enhance processes to improve quality and competence by eliminating process redundancies.
- Lead and coordinate process improvements/ productivity gains for team and department.
- Work with Onshore partners to explore business project opportunities and successively generate strategies to facilitate execution
Good interpersonal skills and understanding of NT and its business. Organisational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact) – NT Savvy (relationship builder, respectful, & have good networking skills))
The role involves written and verbal communication with counterparties such as agents and borrowers. Candidate needs to have effective verbal and written communication skills - Effective Communication Skills
Thinking (creative thinking, decision making, input seeking, logical thinking and solution finding), Implementation skills - Innovative thinking, Excellence In Execution and strong analytical skills with great attention to detail.
Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction) –Focused client delivery
Administration (anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)
Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behaviour, integrity and ethics)
Self-Motivated ( leads by example & drives high performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
Excellent research and complex exception resolution skills with an ability to engage effectively across multiple business functions.
Able to execute on complex initiatives impacting multiple disciplines. Applies sound judgment to address ambiguous issues.
Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities and oversee through to implementation.
Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
Hands on knowledge of Power BI, MS access queries, SQL, VBA would be an added advantage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
*Notice Period : 0 to 60 Days *Experience : 4 to 6 yrs *Primary Skills : GT-Suite,3D CFD simulation using Star CCM+/TAITHERM is a merit. *Salary Range : 4LPA to 12LPA *Location : Bangalore -1D c [...]
Hi Dear Job Seeker!!! Greeting from Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Pvt. Ltd.. Grab the Opportunity to work with the Best Timeshare Company Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Ltd. Urgent Vacan [...]
Designation: BPO Voice Process Job Location: Ramamurthy Nagar , Bangalore Job Type: Permanent. Fresher & Experience Skills: Good Communication, Computer Knowledge Hindi & English Mandatory What's app [...]
Designation: Business development executive Job Location: Ramamurthynagar , Bangalore. Experience: Minimum 6 Months to 2 Years Job Type: Permanent Working Days: 6 Days Opening is only for Female Candi [...]