Finance & Accounting, a core function of a business that requires talents to manage business accounting from its basic entry to analytical process upto sophisticated financial reporting. We require people with career development-oriented to join this profession
As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side.
As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance
Associate Controller will be part of the Vessel Sharing Agreement Team under CC&AP; Controlling organization and will work with wide range of stakeholders within and outside the finance and operations organizationAssociate Controller will be responsible for timely billing / costs rebilling (invoicing to collection) as per Deal agreed. Timely preparation of Month End report/ accountings within the timelines given in accordance to company guideline and IFRS requirements.
- Preparing accurate and timely Vessel Sharing, Slot Exchange and Slot Sales including costs rebilling invoicing to collection as per Deal agreed.
- Follow up and timely resolution of discrepancies to ensure collection of slot cost and cost recovery from Partners in accordance to the group policy.
- Timely preparation of Month End report/ accountings within the timelines given in accordance to company guideline and IFRS requirements. (NOPS, IFRS, SAP, HFM etc)
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliation and initiate follow-up on the open items.
- Ensure end to end ownership, controlling and reporting of Vessel Share Arrangement. Facilitate and ensure timely month close with utmost quality of the financial reporting.
- Review and analyse cost variance with explanation including cost accrual to be shared for management reporting. (to engage with Onsite HQ Finance for sign off)
- Adherence to RICC control framework perform secure submission on monthly basis.
- Control and Compliance checks are performed on periodic basis and duly sign off accordingly.
- Assist Regional Cost Controller in any ad-hoc financial reporting (including back up).
- Suggest recommendations for the development and implement charges to processes and systems-
a) Considering latest development in accounting worlds and IFRSs
b) Which will minimise risk, improve control environment and productivity.
So if you are looking for challenges with a strong urge to take your capabilities further, operating with a global perspective and working with motivated colleagues this is a great opportunity
We are looking for
1) Solid financial educational background as Chartered Accountant or equivalent degree in Finance and Accounting and good understanding of control framework.
2) Minimum 4 - 5 years of post-qualification experience within accounting and reporting area.
3) Knowledge of IFRS would be an added advantage
4) Proactive, Self-motivated and continuously looks for opportunities to improve financial reporting and processes by exploring new approaches and ideas
5) Excellent analytical and structured working method
6) High competency in written and verbal English
7) Adapts easily to a fast-changing environment and ability to handle phases with high workload and unplanned activities.
8) Team player - works together with others to achieve results and fosters teamwork.
9) Shipping/ Transportation industry experience would be an added advantage but not mandatory.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description 1. To partner with business in enforcing implementation of all HR Systems (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Talent Development, Employee Engagement)/ Structure/ Policies /Proces [...]
Job Description Overview Our Client is a leader in HealthCare innovation. We work with over 120 medical technology, provider, payer and life sciences companies across the US. We are rated among top 1 [...]
Job Description Interact with Client to gather the initial product implementation including product implementation, training, customization and data migration requirements. Conduct training sessi [...]
Job Description Some careers have more impact than others. If youre looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued youll be. HSBC is one of the la [...]