Senior Manager, Software Development Engineering
Expedia Group Activities team is building great experiences for users to plan, shop and book activities for their trip.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager who will drive the innovation and scale of Activities business. Your role is to deliver a premier suite of products & services that will delight our customers and suppliers, while crafting a working environment where top technical talent will thrive.
Team members in Activities are fully accountable for themselves, their teams, and project delivery in a fast-paced and high-reaching environment.
We understand and embody the One Team philosophy and always strive to model the Expedia Group principles. We find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and the Scientific Method in many aspects of leadership, management, delivery and operations.
As a Sr. Manager, Engineering your responsibilities will span all aspects of software development in order to build a robust Platform. Work with us to seek this challenge and help us build a market leading customer facing web application, solving problems at scale and contributing to mission-critical software with a direct impact on the bottom line. Additionally, you will own the overall product quality of your teams assigned projects, as well as your own project work. You will also be representing both your engineering team and its projects in front of business leaders and executives.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, and program partners to build and deploy world-class software
- Work in tandem with architects and other software developers to design robust solutions
- Have a strong eye for the operational aspects such as performance tuning, monitoring, fault-tolerance
- Prototype creative solutions quickly, and take a project from prototype to production quality
- Demonstrate leadership in mentoring , establishing standards in documentation and clean code, and setting a professional example to the team.
- Lead and guide engineers and junior manager.
Who you are:
- 10 years software/web development experience required
- Proven record of delivering and supporting production quality code in a professional Senior Software engineering, Dev manager or Tech lead role
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills in any language.
- Technical skills: Object Oriented Design, Server Side Technologies, Micro-services architecture and front end (UI) technologies.
- Love building high-quality software quickly through iterative development
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with in and across the teams.
- Excellent skills at encouraging working relationships and driving team-work.
- Solid attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experienced with capturing business requirements, removing ambiguity and working with the team to build clear plans.
- Experience in working with Senior leadership across multiple product and engineering areas.
- Experience on developing high availability and reliable products with alert and monitoring systems.
- Exposure to delivering products using cloud infrastructure.
- Strong bias-to-action, problem solving & organizational skills
- B-Tech/BE degree in Computer Science or related technical subject area is preferred
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Groups family of brands includes: Brand Expedia , Hotels.com , Expedia Partner Solutions, Vrbo , Egencia , trivago , Orbitz , Travelocity , Hotwire , Wotif , ebookers , CheapTickets , Expedia Group Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert , CarRentals.com , and Expedia Cruises .
2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.,
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What we offer Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and crea [...]
Department Description The ISS Technology provides systems development, business analysis, architecture & engineering, implementation and support services for FIL’s Investment Management, Investmen [...]
. Job Description Key Responsibilities - Providing consultative support to the project teams on right Delivery practices in Project Management, Engineering, and Operations - Drive compliance with [...]
Job Description Purpose of the position The role is necessary for Supporting the PIM/EDMS data within the framework of End to End Service with focus on Efficiency, Availability, Usability and Ado [...]